Stuart Cory, DPE
Designations: Sport Pilot, Private, Instrument, Commercial, CFI, CFI-I, Multi, MEI, ATPSchedule Now
I have been a Designated Pilot Examiner, DPE, for the FAA for over 18 years now, and I have had a great time working with so many pilots toward meeting their goals in aviation. Being able to have some idea of who your examiner is prior to the check ride can certainly help add some level of comfort or familiarity on your check ride day. So to provide you with a better idea of my background, I have listed below just a brief overview of my experience and interests.
- Born and raised, and learned to fly in Quincy, IL KUIN at 17 years old.
- B.A. English from the University of Iowa.
- Masters of Science in Aeronautical Science, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Florida
- Flight Training: Professional Flight Training (PFT, Inc.) in Ft. Lauderdale, FL click here
- A CFI since 1993 and accumulated thousands of hours of dual given in general aviation.
- First airline job: Trans States Airlines, Inc. operating as TWA Express, First Officer, and Captain/Check Airman on the Jetstream 32 and the Jetstream 41.
- Current airline job: Captain B737 for United Airlines, Inc. based in CLE. I was hired with Continental Airlines, now United Airlines, for over 20 years. I have flown the B737, B757, B767, and B777 all over the world.
- I live in northern Ohio...outside of Medina, OH. I enjoy fishing, cooking, and watching my Iowa Hawkeyes any chance I can.
- Member of NAFI, AOPA, EAA, and ALPA
- Founder of PilotCheckride.com