Stuart Cory, DPE
Cleveland, OH 44256
Cleveland / Akron, OH area
Designation: Sport Pilot, Private, Instrument, Commercial, CFI, CFI-I, Multi, MEI, ATP
I have been a Designated Pilot Examiner, DPE, for the FAA for over 17 years now, and I have had a great time working with so many pilots toward meeting their goals in aviation. Being able to have some idea of who your examiner is prior to the check ride can certainly help add some level of comfort or familiarity on your check ride day. So to provide you with a better idea of my background, I have listed below just a brief overview of my experience and interests.
- Born and raised, and learned to fly in Quincy, IL KUIN at 17 years old.
- B.A. English from the University of Iowa.
- Masters of Science in Aeronautical Science, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Florida
- Flight Training: Professional Flight Training (PFT, Inc.) in Ft. Lauderdale, FL click here
- I have been a CFI since 1993 and accumulated thousands of hours of dual given in general aviation.
- First airline job: Trans States Airlines, Inc. operating as TWA Express, First Officer, and Captain/Check Airman on the Jetstream 32 and the Jetstream 41.
- Current airline job: Captain on the B737 for United Airlines, Inc. based in CLE. I have been at Continental Airlines, now United Airlines, for 17 years. I have flown the B737, B757, B767, and B777 all over the world.
- I live in northern Ohio...outside of Medina, OH. I am married and have three daughters. We travel for vacation when able. I enjoy fishing, cooking, and watching my Iowa Hawkeyes any chance I can.
- Member of NAFI, AOPA, EAA, and ALPA
- Founder of PilotCheckride.com